Critical Error in Version 10.1

Discuss new features and functions

revnu

Hello,

I think nobody reported this yet. But the Version 10.1 has an critical error. After a scnc-job the HDD, where the Backup has to be, appears to be empty (no FIles shown), but the capacity of the HDD shows that data has to be on it. Looks like some checkdisk-error. @this time it is potentially dangereos for your backups to use 10.1

greetz
rev
Site Admin

Zenju

Why do you believe this problem has anything to do with FreeFileSync 10.1?

revnu

Because we tried it on many different machines/configurations. It is a reproducable bug. If I switch to version 10.0 there is no problem, data is in the right place. Then I switch back to version 10.1 to destination HDD shows that drive-usage had gone up, but if you navigate to the backup-folder it is shown empty.

I cant understand why this bug is not reported yet. Maybe it has something to do with the fact, that I have my batch-file since Version 9.6 and it is now incompatible with version 10.1?

Maybe someone tests a batch-backup on version 10.1 and tells me, that it works without this bug, then we will be closer to find the cause.

greetz
rev

revnu

OK, Im a little bit closer now.
My backup-batch creates one root-folder, that is called "Datensicherung" on an external HDD. This Folder is shown normally. Then I have subfolders for every partition. The subfolder "System (C)" is somehow marked as hidden from freefilesync. Maybe it has something to do that this folders are created at the first backup on the external harddrive. I can try to create this folder manually first, but till version 10.0 it worked that way. It showed me an error that this folders has to be created first, but after that it was not marked as hidden.

Is there a version-change that makes this, or is it u bug?
Site Admin

Zenju

revnu

Maybe we can get closer if someone tries to reproduce that. I tried it with verion 10.0 and then with 10.1.

10.1 marks the folder as hidden, but the source is not hidden. I can simply make them un-hidden again. But my intention here was to report this behavior. I stay at 10.0.....I did not test 10.2 yet. But strange thing is:

Am I the only guy that has this problem? Can someone plz test this an confirm that I am the problem? :)

I tested it on many different systems. Maybe I should create a new batch-file as mine is a bit old not (maybe its a batch-compatibility-problem)
Site Admin

Zenju

If you send me a Process Monitor log I can have a look from a system level if it's actually FreeFileSync that is setting the hidden attribute on the target folder:
https://freefilesync.org/faq.php#trace

npXXX

I'm having the same issue in version 10.1 and 10.2... 10.0 works just fine. No solution yet?
Site Admin

Zenju

As soon as I get a Process Monitor log I can have a look.

npXXX

Hi, here is the Process Explorer Log, I have zipped it because it was 685MB big. Our Batch is in he zip also.
https://cloud.ok-computer.de/index.php/s/dnjv0tqfKIQZTcM
Site Admin

Zenju

Process Explorer != Process Monitor

npXXX

In your guide for Process Monitor you are speaking of Process Explorer all the time, slightly irritating. The guide isn't for Process Monitor, either. Also I can't find a possibility to create a dump in Process Monitor...
Site Admin

Zenju

No, the Process Monitor FAQ entry is below the Process Explorer one.