Error code 58 during comparision

Get help for specific problems

mikyy

Hi there,

I use FreeFileSync for syncing quite a lot of files over Internet (VPN) between my PC and Synology NAS.

However quite often I get Error Code 58 when I compare files between 2 locations.

I know that this is related to internet hiccups and process continues after I press RETRY button. (Seems like retry option in the application settings does not work in that case).
Is there any option to implement retry option for files comparison (or maybe increase timeout)?

Thanks in advance,
Mikyy
Attachments
FreeFileSync.png
FreeFileSync.png (22.28 KiB) Viewed 1327 times
Site Admin

Zenju

Yes, menu -> tools -> options: Automatic retry on error

mikyy

I have that option "menu -> tools -> options: Automatic retry on error" enabled but still getting error messages even if i set up huge amount of retires and time between them.
When I press Retry button manually then comparison process continues directly
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (2.7 KiB) Viewed 1322 times

mikyy

Hi there,

any news maybe?

Cheers and thanks for help!
Mikyy
Site Admin

Zenju

Technically there is no difference between automatic and manual retries.

mikyy

Technically there is no difference between automatic and manual retries.Zenju
Thanks for answer. So what is the issue here? Bug with automatic retry?
Is there any log stating what can be the problem?

Cheers,
Mikyy
Site Admin

Zenju

The automatic retry feature is not used for the comparison phase when synchronizating manually (i.e. non-batch). This is similar to the "ignore errors" options which also is not considered during comparison (non-batch). The rationale for both is that the user is available for input in the case of errors, which most of the time are "folder not found", indicating either a configuration error or missing external setup (= connect drive, network, ...)
In general it seems, the "retry" feature should be moved down to the same level as the "ignore errors" feature, namely on folder pair level, sync config.

mikyy

Hi,

Is it possible to implement the automatic retry feature for the comparison phase when synchronizing manually (i.e. non-batch)?
I have approx 100k files (photos) to compare and as it takes hours it's impossible for me to be available in front of the PC to react on all interim connectivity errors.

BR,
Mikyy
Site Admin

Zenju

Support for "auto-retry" and "ignore errors" during comparison has been implemented for FreeFileSync 10.3.