File sync.ffs_lock

Get help for specific problems

Cloo

Hi,

I use FrreFileSync to do backups of my Windows 7 destop computer hard drive to an external device.

Last time I used it, I had to cancel the processing, because I forgot to exclude a big directory. It's surely for this reason, I have now this error, as soon as I start Free File sync and I start the "Compare" operation.
Impossible de verrouiller les fichiers suivants:
"L:\"
Impossible d'écrire le fichier "L:\sync.ffs_lock"
Code erreur 5: Accès refusé [Create File]
L: is the name of my external drive, name assigned as soon as I switch it on and Windows assigns this letter to it.

What can I do to get rid of this error and do again my backups?

Thank you very much!

Cloo

Sorry, I wanted to display an image of the error I get, but your server tells me I'm surely a spammer, because I use a link in my first message... Sure i'm not a spammer!

Here it is:

Cloo

I found the info to edit the GlobalSettings.xml file, and switch the LockDirectoriesDuringSync parameter to false.

Start FreeFilesync, Start Compare, it works... but when I click on the Sync button, I get now the following error:

If I ignore the error messages, the sync step starts, but it ends with several error messages in the log tab:

and it seems that the backup is not done, the same list of files to be backuped up is on the left side of the panel.

Hope you could help me!

Cloo

Nobody has an idea?

Cloo

Nobody has an idea? On this forum specialized on FFS?

My son has found that, probably after aborting the previous execution, there was a problem a protection to write a file on the external hard disk. Probably, FFS change the permissions during the exceution of the synchronization. He has changed the permissions on the external hard drive via Windows, and then I succeeded to do a bakup.