Missing %logfile_path%

Discuss new features and functions

Stefan

The %logfile_path% macro for "Run a command" seems to have been deactivated with 10.20, along with the introduction of the email notification. Is there a chance of getting it back or is it still available in the donation edition?

Background: When running RTS, I get a lot of log files with "Items processed: 0" (e.g. due to filtering out .swp files). With %logfile_path%, I could run a script that deletes the log file when no items were processed.

An alternative solution could be a switch (in the sync options) that prevents such empty log files from being created.

Thank you,
Stefan

therube

(Or maybe when it is a "Nothing to synchronize" condition, create the time stamped log file, as is currently done, only set it to 0 bytes, solely as an indicator that things happened, but there was nothing to do.

Or an option to not create, or create as 0 bytes. [And I guess, current behavior could be in there too.])

Stefan

Good idea, so you can keep track of FFS runs without occupying any disk space.

But advantage of the "don't create log" option over "create 0 byte log" is that RTS is not triggered infinitely if you chose to include the log directory in any of the monitored folders.