how to sync by extension

Get help for specific problems

FreeFileSyncer

Hello,
I have thousands of files of a certain extension spread across dozens of folders.
I keep a USB drive of just the files without the folders.
I have the donation version of FreeFileSync.
Can FFS ignore the folder structure on the left side and sync the files of a certain extension to the right side that does not have a folder structure?
If so, how?
Thanks in advance.

xCSxXenon

Not easy to use FFS without keeping the folder structure. It's been mentioned on here a few times where you can do a one-time transfer. If you are on Windows, I would use robocopy with whatever options whether you want to mirror or update the destination, and then the end can just be *.exe or *.PDF, whatever extension you want.

FreeFileSyncer

Thanks xCSxXenon ... but if I use mirror option, then won't robocopy just duplicate the folder environment?

xCSxXenon

Yeah, you would then have to run another command that pulls the files from their folders in the destination, not exactly the worst to do that either.
You may look into the for command line utility

HimusakiMaguro

Hello,
I have thousands of files of a certain extension spread across dozens of folders.
I keep a USB drive of just the files without the folders.
I have the donation version of FreeFileSync.
Can FFS ignore the folder structure on the left side and sync the files of a certain extension to the right side that does not have a folder structure?
If so, how?
Thanks in advance. FreeFileSyncer, 11 Oct 2021, 18:00

FreeFileSyncer
How can i contact you outside of this forum?
tell me your discord or something

FreeFileSyncer

Discord is xivixx

HimusakiMaguro

discord is in this pattern plz check
Himusaki Maguro#5677

FreeFileSyncer

xivixx#9214