Error upper or lower case letters in FTP

Get help for specific problems

el_sabio_

Hello Zenju.

I have a little problem that is not resolved with every update and I wanted to ask if it is possible to fix or not.

The problem occurs when copying and replacing files (modified files) that, for some strange reason, the software that creates these files modifies the extension of the file in upper or lower case letters or even modifying in upper case the first letter of the name of a folder. This causes FFS over FTP to fail.
The destination and source is a hard drive in NTFS format. Thank you.

21:49:18 Error No se puede mover el archivo
"ftp://myip/gen/siglas.tab" a
"ftp://myip/gen/SIGLAS.TAB".
CURLE_QUOTE_ERROR: QUOT command failed with 553
553 file exists [curl_easy_perform]
21:49:18 Error No se puede mover el archivo
"ftp://myip/gen/TIPOVIA.TAB" a
"ftp://myip/gen/TIPOVIA.tab".
CURLE_QUOTE_ERROR: QUOT command failed with 553
553 file exists [curl_easy_perform]

therube

(I don't know, but being that both source & destination are NTFS, being that NTFS is (typically) case insensitive, you would think that FTP would work in that manner also. Or that at least FFS could check sensitivity of source/destination & then have FTP work in acceptable manner.
[Non-Windows OS are typically case sensitive & copying from one to another one is more apt to run into sensitivity issues.])
Site Admin

Zenju

This is a bug in the FileZilla Server software and should be fixed by FileZilla: https://filezilla-project.org/support.php

el_sabio_

Thanks Zenju, I actually use Filezilla. I will have to look for other software, if anyone knows of any good ftp server software, please let me know. Thanks for everything.

SSS67

I came across this issue recently, am also using Filezilla FTP server.
I upgraded the Filezilla server from 0.98 to 1.4.1 and I found that the issue was fixed.
So no need to look for alternative FTP solutions, Filezilla Server has fixed the issue.