[solved]BSOD kernel security check failure happened twice when heavily using freefilesync 11.17 thx

Get help for specific problems

ccchan234

BSOD kernel security check failure happened twice when heavily using freefilesync 11.17 thx

hi, v11.17 i got both free and donate version, yet i am using the free one.

i only got twice of this BSOD for my lifetime, and both are when using freefilesync for heavy use (sync of 50GB files).

my system is lenovo T580+tb3 dock gen 2, win10 64bit. anyway it functions well and never seen that BSOD before.

hard to find a direct proof for me, but i strongly believe.

thank you.
Last edited by ccchan234 on 09 May 2022, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.

ccchan234

my config is more than that however,

one side is a veracrypt partition on tf card, mounted as NTFS, and shared thru CIFS.

the receiving side is google drive with a cppcryptfs container, mounted and shared thru CIFS.

i will repeat the same sync using beyond compare. if BC doesn't show up BSOD, then it likely is due to ffs.

ccchan234

hi,

i repeat the action again,
looks may not relate to ffs.

source:
NTFS partition encrypted with veracrypt on a tf card

target:
google drive 's cppcryptfs container, mounted as a drive letter w:

i use beyond compare to update the target, it still BSOD.
however, the error is not the same, this time it is HEAP something.

anyway, thanks

ccchan234

this error happens too: cant troubleshoot recently, will try with a new PC instead later.
What is kernel mode heap corruption?

The Kernel Mode Heap Corruption error is a BSoD error that might be caused by an outdated or corrupt device driver. The first step is to check and update your drivers. Also, learn how to debug Windows kernel.27 Feb 2022

How to fix the Kernel mode heap corruption in Windows 10/11