freature request: allow donator download old versions.

Discuss new features and functions

ccchan234

hi!

I always prefer others to try the new version first.
so I would like to at the same time donate, and download an older version several month ago.

would be nice if BOTH the newest and a somehow older version is allowed for donation user.

thanks

MartinPC

I think this is a worthy suggestion. I have had to "downgrade" to an older version of FreeFileSync twice so far: once because of a change in where log files could be saved, and once because of a significant increase in lags and hangs when a new configuration was selected in the more recent versions' GUI. [The log-folder change was reversed in the following version, but I am still running an older version because of the lag/hang issue.] Not being able to download an older but better-performing donation version is a deterrent to donating.

xCSxXenon

Keep the installers

MartinPC

That strategy doesn't work for new donors who need a version that came out prior to their donation.

ccchan234

That strategy doesn't work for new donors who need a version that came out prior to their donation. MartinPC, 12 Apr 2022, 20:28
forget it,

FOSS developers are like that,
that's why FOSS sucks

bgstack15

The beauty of FLOSS is that if this developer moves on from this project, similarly-skilled individuals can pick up the project! It sounds like you don't have a full perspective of FLOSS yet, regardless of Zenju's specific strategy for old versions.