file date changes on mirror destination

Get help for specific problems

rpinto

after mirror a folder, in destination repository the file date assumes the current date.
shoud be about a new release of ffs?

therube

One possibility, viewtopic.php?t=7396&p24922.
Actually, what I ran into sounds different from what you describe.

But still, it could be the "device" you are copying to.

So... just where are you copying from/to?

xCSxXenon

Also, are you talking about the folder timestamp or the timestamps of the files themselves? Folder timestamp will always be the current date/time.

rpinto

i checked and verified:

source: external USB HDD > destination WD My Cloud Home (mapped in explorer drive leter x:\): Result: File in destination assumes modification date the timestamp (now) of process

source: external USB HDD > destination My pc desktop folder: Result: File in destination assumes modification date of the original(source) file, as i expected.

Any idea to maintain the source modification date on destination (mirror) file?

I'm talking about the file date modification.

Thanks.

xCSxXenon

The only way to fix it is probably in the WD system itself. It is likely a limitation of the protocol or format of the WD device.
viewtopic.php?t=6123

rpinto

Hello, goood news! (i expect)
Using the drive letter assigned by default in instalation of WD desktop app (X:\....) , the reult is what i've previously mentioned (the files get the current date, not the source date)

but...

when I use the path based on Network (\\<MYPCNAME>\My Cloud_<sequence chars related to my device>*\... ) for the destination on FFS interface for mirror, the dates already keep the source value.

*can be found in windows file explorer > This PC > Map network unit

don't understood why but it works.... (probably concepts distincts between "network location" vs "unit network mapping"

i don't know if probably will cause some inconsistencies in normal internal management of device, but it works form my prupose until now...

Thanks all the people.