Doubts about real time sync

Discuss new features and functions

daimroc

I read the documentation, and it says that it syncs when the operative system notify when a changed is done, so the performance is much better then iterate for all the files periodically.

Well, my dobt is that I would like to sync a folder in a server and a backup drive that is in the network. To avoid to install many applications in the server, i was thinking to install FreeFileSync in the backup computer instead of the server. But in this case I don't know if the operative system will notify the changes to the application, because it has monitoring a remote drive, not local, so I don't know if the notification from the operative system only works in local drivers or if it works for remote folders too.

Thanks.
Site Admin

Zenju

You could test this and report if it works. According to the docs (ReadDirectoryChangesW) the Server Message Block (SMB) 3.0 protocol is supported.

xCSxXenon

I have this setup and it is working perfectly fine. It is a Windows system running RTS monitoring a remote folder hosted by another Windows system.

daimroc

I have done some tests and yes, it works perfect, it is immediate if I create, modify or delete some file, it is notify at the moment.