Versioning file size

Get help for specific problems

ironisaiah

Hello, new here, had a search but wanted to ask specifically.

After an initial straight Mirror of two external drives, I am going to be periodically updating the second drive with any updates. Once I get to the updates stage I want to set up Versioning. I'll get my head around the x days, min and max from info already out there.

My question being, and it might sound dumb; these files once saved, are they only the files which get Deleted following a Sync, and not the whole directory? Do they take up the same physical space on the selected drive? Where would you recommend I save these files to, the master external itself or the computer?

Thank you in advance,

xCSxXenon

Correct, it is only the deleted and updated files that get versioned. They are just 'snapshots' and take up the exact same amount of space. It doesn't make them any bigger or smaller. You can save them wherever, personal choice

Plerry

The location you mirror to will always contain the most recent version of all files (after running a sync), so there is no need to (also) add those to the Versioning location.
As already stated by xCSxXenon, only files present in the mirror-destination location that will be deleted or updated during the FFS sync will be Versioned, retaining as many previous versions and for as long as specified in your Versioning settings.