Quick Thanks

Discuss new features and functions

Alienhead

Been using this software for a week now and I just wanted to say Thanks, its pure joy to work with. Easy to configure but robust behind the scenes.

Thanks for creating FreeFileSync.
Site Admin

Zenju

You're welcome!

TheAnalogyGuy

I've been using this software for a couple years now and greatly appreciate the simplicity, reliability, and intuitiveness. With all the "bad" software I have used over the years, especially ones that are not free, FreeFileSync always puts a smile on my face when I go to back up my files. I don't even use my NAS provided sync tool, I default to using FFS. I added another donation after reading the vision statement for this project.

I recently messed with the ffs_gui files and did find/replace in notepad++ to easily change a year scheme for transferring files from my smartphone camera folder to dated folders (broken out by month) on my NAS - and the ease with which I was able to accomplish this, especially in xml (I use basic ascii/json/yaml formats as xml can get clunky and hard to understand), was extremely intuitive and required no learning curve as everything is named appropriately and makes total sense.

As someone who works in the industry, and measures software by how much it removes "friction" from my daily toil, FFS is up at the top. It is rare to find other developers and people who just want to make amazing software that functions in a way to make our lives easier, i.e. not bang our heads on our keyboards and scream at every turn... vs people whose primary motivation is profit margin over functionality. I love the attitude and humility Zenju has towards software, about investing the necessary time upfront to get it right and continuously building on that by adding whenever new things are learned. What a great model - please keep making awesome software, Zenju! Thank you!