RealTimeSync really not working

Get help for specific problems

emilkoz

Hi,

I have set up a simple task to copy files from one folder to the other. No mirror and no two way sync.

With realtimesync active it will do the task once then nothing. Not very "live" then is it? What could be the proble?

Windows 10, latest update

xCSxXenon

RTS monitors the specified directories for changes. If changes are detected, a countdown starts from the specified 'minimum idle time'. If no other changes are detected within that countdown, which would reset the countdown, the command specified in the text box at the bottom will be ran.

emilkoz

Thank you! But yes I had an idea of how it worked. Problem is that when a new file is added to “left” folder nothing is run/copied to the right. Only the first file or so.

Minimum idle time set to 5 or 10

xCSxXenon

You said two different things; 'nothing is run/copied to the right' AND 'Only the first file or so.'

Which is it?

emilkoz

Sorry for that. I'll blame the fever I currently have.

The realtimesync definately won't sync when the "Completed successfully" is open.
If that window is open and I add a file, the file is not copied/synced. Only when I close that window, and add another file, the two files will be synced.

xCSxXenon

Aha! Go back into FFS, select your configuration in the top-left, and re-save it as a ffs_batch configuration. When you are saving it, make sure you check "Auto-close"! You may want to choose "run minimized" also, but this will not affect functionality, it just determines whether the window will be visible or not. Most people don't want it popping up randomly, of course

emilkoz

Ah yes! Many thanks for guiding me through this!

xCSxXenon

My pleasure! Glad it's working

emilkoz

What are my options if the file in destination folder is moved by another application. And I don't want Freefilesync to keep syncing the same file over and over again?

xCSxXenon

You can add it to the exclusion filter in FFS configuration so it is not copied to the destination at all

emilkoz

Well problem is I need it to be copied the first time around. Other application then moves the file to another folder.

xCSxXenon

FFS is not made for the purpose, but there are ways to do this. You can use time span settings to only sync files applicable since the last sync. Any solutions involving FFS are a little hacky, because you are no longer syncing the two locations and FFS is a syncing utility