Error code 80 and 87

Get help for specific problems

francisbacon64

Hi,

I use version 1.19.

I've some errors on my synchro job :

K:\JML_ALSTOM\Outils\EMC\DXCenVerify_1_0_9\DXCenVerify.exe" Windows Error Code 80: Le fichier existe.

[18:37:13] Erreur lors de la copie du fichier: "D:\JML_ALSTOM\Outils\EMC\DXCenVerify_1_0_9\DxDmMigrationInfo.dll" -> "K:\JML_ALSTOM\Outils\EMC\DXCenVerify_1_0_9\DxDmMigrationInfo.dll" Windows Error Code 80: Le fichier existe.

[18:37:13] Erreur lors de la copie du fichier: "D:\JML_ALSTOM\Outils\EMC\DXCenVerify_1_0_9\FPCore.dll" -> "K:\JML_ALSTOM\Outils\EMC\DXCenVerify_1_0_9\FPCore.dll" Windows Error Code 80: Le fichier existe.

etc ....

the error say "the file exist". Very strange.

Thanks for your help.

JLM.
Site Admin

Zenju

Hello Francis!

Can you give me some Details about what exactly you are doing? I assume you have files on both sides and are overwriting files on drive "k:\".

What the tool does in this case is, it deletes the files on "k:\" first and then copies from "D:\" to "K:\". Did the deletion fail?

Is the displayed error message correct? Are the files on the right still existing?

Some detailed information, e.g. about your sync-settings would help a lot!

Best regards, Zenju
Site Admin

Zenju

Hello Francis!

Can you give me some Details about what exactly you are doing? I assume you have files on both sides and are overwriting files on drive "k:\".

What the tool does in this case is, it deletes the files on "k:\" first and then copies from "D:\" to "K:\". Did the deletion fail?

Is the displayed error message correct? Are the files on the right still existing?

Some detailed information, e.g. about your sync-settings would help a lot!

Best regards, ZenjuZenju
One thing, I forgot: Please paste the complete error log. Especially the Error Code 87 seems very interesting... Also: Is the error reproducible?

francisbacon64

Hi,

I use version 1.19.

I've some errors on my synchro job :

K:\JML_ALSTOM\Outils\EMC\DXCenVerify_1_0_9\DXCenVerify.exe" Windows Error Code 80: Le fichier existe.

[18:37:13] Erreur lors de la copie du fichier: "D:\JML_ALSTOM\Outils\EMC\DXCenVerify_1_0_9\DxDmMigrationInfo.dll" -> "K:\JML_ALSTOM\Outils\EMC\DXCenVerify_1_0_9\DxDmMigrationInfo.dll" Windows Error Code 80: Le fichier existe.

[18:37:13] Erreur lors de la copie du fichier: "D:\JML_ALSTOM\Outils\EMC\DXCenVerify_1_0_9\FPCore.dll" -> "K:\JML_ALSTOM\Outils\EMC\DXCenVerify_1_0_9\FPCore.dll" Windows Error Code 80: Le fichier existe.

etc ....

the error say "the file exist". Very strange.

Thanks for your help.

JLM.francisbacon64
Hi Zenju,

I've find the errors 80, it's user right errors.

FreeFileSync can't move files in the garbage or erase files because he don't have the proper right.

I see for error 87.

Thanks.

JLM
Site Admin

Zenju

>> 've find the errors 80, it's user right errors.
>> FreeFileSync can't move files in the garbage or erase files because he don't have the proper right.

In this case I'd expect FreeFileSync to show an error message stating that deletion into recycle bin failed INSTEAD of showing the message that copying of files failed.

If it's true that moving into recycle bin failed but there was no error message I'd consider this as a bug!

Can you confirm this behaviour?

Also try to have a look where this "Code 87" is coming from. MSDN states this is "wrong parameter", that means an API function was called inappropriately. I'd like to investigate which function failed and why.

-Zenju