RealtimeSync doesn't start automatically

Get help for specific problems

kaamady

How would I go about getting RealTimeSync to start automatically on the computer when a user logs in? I have multiple people on multiple machines and I plan on taking a copy of everything in their folder on the network harddrive to auto backup to a hidden folder on their computer. The second part is working fine, but when they log in, RealTimeSync does not automatically start. Is there any way that I can get it to automatically start when a user logs into their account on the computer?
Site Admin

Zenju

This question is not RealtimeSync specific, but can be reprased as "How can I start a specific application when the user logs in?".
The simplest way is to put a shell link into each user's "autostart" folder, e.g. see the FreeFileSync help file chapter "RealtimeSync/Run as Service".

For a more fancy way one could use Windows 7 Task Scheduler ("taskschd.msc") and start RTS as reaction to a variety of triggers.

There are certainly other ways, too, but I guess the former two are the simplest ones.

kaamady

Alright thank you!

Technician_P

Hello Zenju,
i have a problem with starting RealTimeSync in this way by the task scheduler.
I've done the setting in the task scheduler like in the manual, i also can see the executable is shown in the task-manager.

But it doesn't work, it looks like it's only opened but not started.
You were wrighting about a variety of triggers.
Do you mean a trigger at the arguments to start the executable completely?

Could you tell me which trigger is able to start the executable?

Thank you for your help in advance.