Question regarding sync setup and same destination for two different sources

Get help for specific problems

it-director

I have two different sources that need to sync to the same destination. What I have found so far when using Mirror sync is that whichever pair syncs last is what that destination looks like.

Example, using the two pairs below, Pair 1 syncs and copies everything under Folder_A to the destination inside a folder named Folder_A. Then Pair 2 syncs, deletes what in Folder_A and replaces it with the contents of Folder_B. I'd like the contents of Folder_A to remain at the destination and then add Folder_B and it's contents to Folder_A.

Is this possible? Thanks!

Pair 1
source_A\Folder_A --> desination_A\Folder_A

Pair 2
source_B\Folder_B --> desination_A\Folder_A\Folder_B

Plerry

Your approach seems to conflict with the essence of a mirror sync.
Nevertheless, there are probably multiple ways of ultimately achieving your intent.

The most obvious one seems to:
add a symbolic link to source_B\Folder_B in source_A\Folder_A,
and run just a single FFS mirror sync source_A\Folder_A --> desination_A\Folder_A,
for which you setup the FFS sync to follow symbolic links.

it-director

Should I use a different sync method rather than Mirror? I'm not familiar with how to add a symbolic link as you suggest. So much to learn... :-)
Site Admin

Zenju

Mirror means "change target so that it matches source". This doesn't make sense for multiple sources and a single target. Maybe what you are looking for is the "update" variant?

it-director

Thanks Zenju, I will investigate the update option. Appreciate it.