A bug

Discuss new features and functions

collinro

Hi Zenju,

I think I have found a bug. If you put in all four permitted folder pairs and then click on the "Add folder pair" button again, two black arrows appear on the left side in-between the second and third folder pair and third and fourth folder pair. If you then try to compare the folders then an error comes up stating "Please fill all empty directory fields" even though all of the fields are filled in.

I have replicated this error at least twice so it is reproducible.

Also one of the backups I do is for various progamme settings that are scattered around my file system, often ini files in the programme directory itself. In this circumstance four folder pairs is not enough so it would be nice to be able to link configurations so that they run one after the other .. or add more folder pairs.

Kind regards, Roger
Site Admin

Zenju

Hi Zenju,

I think I have found a bug. If you put in all four permitted folder pairs and then click on the "Add folder pair" button again, two black arrows appear on the left side in-between the second and third folder pair and third and fourth folder pair. If you then try to compare the folders then an error comes up stating "Please fill all empty directory fields" even though all of the fields are filled in.

Also one of the backups I do is for various progamme settings that are scattered around my file system, often ini files in the programme directory itself. In this circumstance four folder pairs is not enough so it would be nice to be able to link configurations so that they run one after the other .. or add more folder pairs.

Kind regards, Rogercollinro
Hi Roger,

actually the error messages is correct. When you add more than 4 folder pairs a fifth folder pair is inserted, but not visible. You simply need to scroll down the list of folder pairs to see it.

Best regards, Zenju

collinro

Hi Zenju,

Kind regards, Rogercollinro
You are right! how silly of me. I guess I needed a good help file:-) FreeFileSync is very intuitive and easy to use but some instructions would be useful, especially for newbies such as myself.
Site Admin

Zenju

No problem! Actually I can understand your confusion and have fixed it for the next release: If you add a new folder pair, the list of pairs automatically gets scrolled down to the bottom. This even helps in two ways: 1. If you add a new pair you would scroll down anyway. 2. Confusion like you experienced won't happen anymore.

Thanks for the feedback! Zenju