Love version 2.0!

Discuss new features and functions

collinro

Hi Zenju,

I love the new version 2.0! It does everything I need it to and I am pleased to say that my several years search for a decent backup utility is finally at an end having used in the past Polderbackup, PathSync, DSynchronise and SynchToy. None are as good as FFS. It is hard to see how 2.0 can be improved upon, but if you are looking for ideas I would say maybe a quicksearch filter to quickly find filenames in the comparison view or maybe a more graphic and user friendly interface for the Filter Files as this still is a bit difficult to use and get right for filtering files and folders or excluding them.

Anyhow I really like the new version so thanks mate!

Roger
Site Admin

Zenju

Hi Zenju,

I love the new version 2.0! It does everything I need it to and I am pleased to say that my several years search for a decent backup utility is finally at an end having used in the past Polderbackup, PathSync, DSynchronise and SynchToy. None are as good as FFS. It is hard to see how 2.0 can be improved upon, but if you are looking for ideas I would say maybe a quicksearch filter to quickly find filenames in the comparison view or maybe a more graphic and user friendly interface for the Filter Files as this still is a bit difficult to use and get right for filtering files and folders or excluding them.

Anyhow I really like the new version so thanks mate!

Rogercollinro
Hi Roger!

Thank's for the positive feedback! :)

I've also been thinking about a quicksearch filter, but wasn't sure if somebody needed it.
I'll take this as a requirement and implement shortcuts STRG+F and F3. This doesn't overload GUI at all and adds functionality => These are the kind of features I like!

Filter files: Basically I'd hope that everybody fills the filter by using right-click-context menu on the main grid. This way nothing could go wrong.
But if you have an idea how to make it more userfriendly without restricting current functionality or adding too much new GUI elements (you know I want to keep things lean), just notify me.

Best regards, Zenju