Missing feature

Discuss new features and functions

jarmoma

I have used vice versa for 10 years or so for sync purposes. Free version is excellent, but I prefer open source software. FreeFileSync looks very good, but...
Capability to: "right click and copy to opposite side" is missing.
Quite often one needs to "almost equalize" two directories, but not to make exact copies or mirrors.
Copying files manually as single files or in groups to another side is very effective in real life.
There is already "delete" and some other nice items in the "right click menu"
I suppose this is not very difficult to implement?
Thanks for the very promising program. I have followed sync. programs over years and this is the most promising to replace vice versa.
Site Admin

Zenju

I have used vice versa for 10 years or so for sync purposes. Free version is excellent, but I prefer open source software. FreeFileSync looks very good, but...
Capability to: "right click and copy to opposite side" is missing.
Quite often one needs to "almost equalize" two directories, but not to make exact copies or mirrors.
Copying files manually as single files or in groups to another side is very effective in real life.
There is already "delete" and some other nice items in the "right click menu"
I suppose this is not very difficult to implement?
Thanks for the very promising program. I have followed sync. programs over years and this is the most promising to replace vice versa.jarmoma
Hi jarmoma,

are you aware that you can alter the sync-direction in the middle grid for individual files? You can either simply set the direction in middle grid, or select some files in the outer grids and open the context menu to change the copy direction.

Best regards, Zenju