problem very large file

Discuss new features and functions

paologiar

I have problem with file copy (Acronis file big of 130 GB); for freefilesync the copied file is good but Acronis tell me is not mountable or corrupt ! (the original file is good, the copy on out usb HD not). Why there isn't error message on freefilesync (there is a log file for errror?)
Site Admin

Zenju

I have problem with file copy (Acronis file big of 130 GB); for freefilesync the copied file is good but Acronis tell me is not mountable or corrupt ! (the original file is good, the copy on out usb HD not). Why there isn't error message on freefilesync (there is a log file for errror?)paologiar
Hi Paolo,

when copying files FreeFileSync uses the standard windows function WIN32 API CopyFileEx (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa363852%28VS.85%29.aspx). (Same as copying with Windows Explorer)
If something goes wrong during the copy process the return code of this function is evaluated and an error message is shown by FreeFileSync. In your case for whatever reason CopyFileEx returned without notifying an error situation. So there are two possibilities now: Either the Windows API has some bug or your huge 130GB file was changed after the copy process.

Regards, Zenju