Filter files problem

Discuss new features and functions

yosu

Hello:

I use filter files like "*.doc; *.txt; *.docx" from version 1.15 and it works ok. In version 1.19, if I have set "Hide filtered items" and I click one time to compare button, I see diferent files. If I click again, different files dissapear. I can't see diferent items.

Great software.
Site Admin

Zenju

Hi Yosu,

with v1.19 the behavior of the filter changed: It is now applied WHILE comparing. This has the advantage, that you can exclude whole directories, especially useful if comparing by content.

In your case (I assume you use "*.doc..." as an include filter) this can make a difference: All subdirectories that do not match to the filter (and this are ALL in this case) are not traversed... including the files that are within them and match the filters.

I'm just wondering, if your usecase makes a distinctin between filtering files/directories necessary.

Best regards, Zenju
Site Admin

Zenju

PS: A current workaround to traverse into all directories, would be to setup the include filter like this:

*\; *.doc

The "*\" includes all elements that end with a "\", which is interpreted as a directory. This should do exactly what you want.

Anyway I'll think about the issue and try to find a more elegant solution.

-Zenju
Site Admin

Zenju

Hi Yosu,

handling of include filter is fixed for v2.0. Please try again with the next release.

Best regards, Zenju

collinro

Hi Zenju,

And when is v2.0 going to be released?

Cheers, Roger
Site Admin

Zenju

Hi Zenju,

And when is v2.0 going to be released?

Cheers, Rogercollinro
Release is planned for July 1st.

-Zenju

yosu

Hello:

I use filter files like "*.doc; *.txt; *.docx" from version 1.15 and it works ok. In version 1.19, if I have set "Hide filtered items" and I click one time to compare button, I see diferent files. If I click again, different files dissapear. I can't see diferent items.

Great software.yosu
Many thanks! In version 2.1, filters works as before. Good work.

Also, many thanks for linux version. Go on this way.