Error Code 740 (Security Privileges)

Get help for specific problems

lizquest

Hi Community, using freefile sync I often get the error code 740 ("SeSecurity Privilege" could not be set). Checking the user rights in the source foulders and also destination folders and equalizing them (also within subfolders and files) brings no positive result. I am working with an administrator account and the rights and also the ownership of the folders/files are assigned to this administrator.
Any idea why it does not work either? This situation started with freefile sync 6.14 and continous with 6.15.
News: just installed version 6.13 and everything works ...

JimCrapFFS

I have 3 Win 10 Pro x64 systems. I have used FFS for a number of years to keep the 3 systems updated. I was using 10.18 when the problem began and downgrading to 10.13 did not fix it. I updated 2 of the 3 systems to Win version 1903 without problems but updated on the 3rd system would not work (many tries), so a did a full fresh install of Win 10 Pro x64 version 1903 on that system and then began having problems. From the web, I found that Win 10 removed homegroup beginning in version 1803; this did not appear on my systems until 1903 was installed. I have been able to work around this to be able to copy between systems using Explorer (ugh!) and FFS is working between the other 2 systems but this error appears when attempting to copy any files from the 3rd system to my other desktop.
It would be helpful to know what is being attempted during file copy that causes this error to appear. I suspect that the creation of my user account on the 3rd system has something to do with it since after the fresh install I had to update ownership and privileges on all files.