FreeFileSync didn't do subfolders

Discuss new features and functions

Atari

Hi

I tried to sync two folders, really huge and full of subfolders and files. It didn't do any subfolders. I just dragged and dropped the two top folders in the left and right columns. How can I insure that the program will include all subfolders and their files?

Plerry

If your include filter is "*", and your exclude filter does not exclude any of those folders, all subfolders should be included. You can simply first run a Compare and review the proposed actions.

pecosdave

My experience, on Windows systems in particular, it's nearly always a permissions issue. Make sure the user you're connecting with has full read access on all of the sub-directories.

David.P

I have the same problem here. Trying to sync two huge folders, full of subfolders and files with tens of thousands of differences.

FreeFileSync shows 18! files. And ALL of them are named "descript.ion" -- which I even excluded in the exclusion filter!

There is something terribly wrong going on?

My include filter is *, and now I even deleted ALL exclude filters. I still get only those 18 "descript.ion" files of which I don't even have an idea what they are.

David.P

OK I found it...

I had a time filter set for unknown reasons which excluded everyting.

It now works perfectly again, thanks.

xCSxXenon

It's always a small setting I swear lol