Two bugs on batch mode

Discuss new features and functions

fujxjp

Hi there,

Thanks for the useful tool. I found possible two bugs on batch today.

When you save backup jobs as "batch", and open it to modify by FreeFileSync Windows app:
1. Even you change the error handling from "popup" to "ignore", and save it, it doesn't actually saved.
It remains "popup". I guess app doesn't save this change.

2. Even you check "overwrite" for "conflicted items", the batch doesn't overwrite it.
I'm using Japanese version, so words may be different from yours. In this case, if you have same date and
different size file to compare, FreeFileSync in batch mode doesn't overwrite it even you check "overwrite".

Thanks,
-FUJITA

fujxjp

OK, I found reproduce.

Reproduce:
1. Create backup setting with "keep" for "conflicted" item.
2. Save it as batch job.
3. Open the saved batch job.
4. Change from "keep" to "overwrite" for "conflicted" item.
5. Save it.
6. It looks changed to "overwrite" on UI, but actually batch behavior is still "keep" for "conflicted" item.

Workaround: (if you want to "overwrite" for "conflicted" items.)
1. Create backup setting with "overwrite" for "conflicted" item.
2. Save it as batch job.

Gianni1962

I'm using FFS version 9.3 64bit in English on Windows 10 Creators Update.

I can confirm that if you change "Handle errors" in the "Synchronization Settings" panel and then "Save as Batch job" where the "Handle errors" is shown again, the latter take precedence.

I can't reproduce your behavior changing the Action for "Conflict/item cannot be categorized".
Site Admin

Zenju

1. This is a known "design issue" caused by the fact that gui mode has two error handling options and batch mode has three. Therefore they are treated separately and the changed gui option is not saved in the batch job. This needs some more thought regarding how the handling can be improved. Maybe the "Stop" selection should be shown in the non-batch config dialog as well in some cases... => TODO

2. Are you really able to reproduce such a bug with these steps?

fujxjp

Hi Zenju,

Yes, I have created very simple repro .ffs_batch file.

I want to send it to you. But one problem. The same timestamp and different size files
are created by Thunderbird, which I'm taking backup by FFS.
The file contains my email folder tree. Not very sensitive info, but still don't aggressively
want to send it. And I don't know how to create such kind of file for test.

If you can send me sample same timestamp different size two files, I will create repro,
and send you .ffs_batch file.

I guess you know my email address.

Thanks.

fujxjp

oops! Please forget what I said.

I was just confused by settings priority, which global setting has priority to local settings.

Sorry for it.