Linux client mode permission bit settings don't match server

Get help for specific problems

linuxuser

I have things working pretty well between two computers running Arch Linux, but I'm finding the results a little odd on the client side. When I run a two way sync, everything is as expected on the server, but when a text file with -rw-rw---- permissions on the server side has been modified more recently, and the new file is copied to the client, the permission bits are set like this: -rwxr-xr-x, which is essentially the same as the folder permissions on the client. I would prefer that the execute bits did not get set as they are now, but I see no way to make it stop. Even when I check the "Copy file access permissions" check box, the mode is the same. I do get the server side group owner coming across, so I can see it's making some difference.

Is there any solution to this? I've only been using Linux for a little over a year, so perhaps I'm missing something that would be more obvious to someone else. . .

kartom

I have a similar problem: When syncing between two different Linux directories via SFTP or a Windows folder an a Linux server the permission are always set to -rw-r--r--, which is not what I want nor the permissions the original file had in the Linix-Linux case.
How are the permissions set on the Linux side when using SFTP? Is there a way to change the behaviour?
Site Admin

Zenju

How are the permissions set on the Linux side when using SFTP? Is there a way to change the behaviour? kartom, 20 Feb 2018, 10:29
There is now: viewtopic.php?t=6881#p22947