[Improvement] Alter the “Run a command after synchronisation” suggestion.

Discuss new features and functions

BusterRaid

Suggest changing the “suggestion text” that is offered in the “Synchronisation Settings” dialogue box (“On completion:”).

Example shutdown /s /t 60

To:
Example shutdown /s /t 60 /c “FreeFileSync completed”

Benefit:

Adds narrative to the Windows logs to better identify the reason for the shutdown.

Currently:

The current “suggestion text” causes the below to be entered into the system log:

“The process C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe (SomeMachine) has initiated the shutdown of computer SomeMachine on behalf of user SomeMachine\BusterRaid for the following reason: No title for this reason could be found
Reason Code: 0x800000ff
Shutdown Type: shutdown
Comment: “

There is no mention of the app that is propagating the shutdown.

My system:

FFS V9.6 on W10 Pro x64:
Site Admin

Zenju

Maybe get rid of this box altogether? I'm currently having trouble coming up with good use cases.

ipconfig

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I will use this box to execute a exe that will cleanup older versions!!!
Site Admin

Zenju

I will use this box to execute a exe that will cleanup older versions!!! ipconfig, 01 Jan 2018, 22:57
This feature should (and will) be included into FreeFileSync directly. Any other use cases?

Plerry

@Zenju:
I just now replied in another thread of ipconfig that this did not have priority since end 2012.
So I love to read you are now apparently really planning this! Thumbs up!

For other use-cases, please see my 2012 posting referred to in the just referred to reply.

ipconfig

YAIIII!!!
@Zenju: I love your approach. But until then i need that possibility... I will continue the discussion in the other thread...

Other things why i could need that box:
--> After syncing to my NAS i want my NAS to go into standby,
--> or call via commandline a batch/exe to send an email or SMS
--> or trigger my philips hue to change the colour of all lamps into green ;)

cad bloke

Here's a use case ... attrib +r "D:\Deletions\*.*" /s - to makr all the backed-up files as read-only so they can't be altered accidentally.