Placement Website Advertisement

Discuss new features and functions

LJack2k

Hello,
I would like to share my thoughts about what I see on this website. I'm very happy with FreeFileSync and also donate frequently. I have my adblocker off on this website. I understand that income from advertisements is needed. That being said, I do believe that the placement and how they look can be improved greatly. Consider the attached screenshot.
freefileconverter_ad.PNG
freefileconverter_ad.PNG (343.06 KiB) Viewed 550 times
This could be coincident that the advertisement uses the green color for their button. But it is highly misleading, which I hate a lot. There is nothing worse then go to a website and you want to download the software and there are misleading download buttons. I don't be this is your intention and just a result of the ad itself. If it is your intention to mislead people, well then I'm sad that that is the case. That's why I want to propose a style and placement change. By just moving, resizing ad's they will still show to the users.

I hope you consider working on this change. In the meanwhile, I will still enjoy your awesome software and keep donating.

Greetings,
LJack2k

huuurz

Same here (2018-12-07). It doesn't seem to be a random ad.

I always struggle to disable my adblocker because then I also disable the tracking protection (google is everywhere...).
So in this case I still block the ad because it's too irritating and prefer donating. I think that helps much more.