[feature request] time stamped logs with option to be able to set there location

Discuss new features and functions

jper

When doing sync and updates, I need a log to verify what was added, replace and/or deleted.
Also I need to designate a directory to where I can put these logs. By time stamping the logs, I know they will not be written over. Sometimes I need to stop an action and need to know which ones completed and those that I stopped. In the log when action is started, it would be nice that the log inserted the parameters (from directory, to directory, sync options).
Site Admin

Zenju

When doing sync and updates, I need a log to verify what was added, replace and/or deleted.
Also I need to designate a directory to where I can put these logs. jper, 28 Jul 2018, 22:48
This will be in the next release. LastSyncs.log will be deprecated in favor of saving individual time-stamped log files under %appdata%\FreeFileSync\Logs
Sometimes I need to stop an action and need to know which ones completed and those that I stopped. jper, 28 Jul 2018, 22:48
If with "ones" you are are referring to your saved ffs_gui sync configurations, then you may be lucky, too: I'm planning to show a status next to them on the GUI with a link to the last log file.
In the log when action is started, it would be nice that the log inserted the parameters (from directory, to directory, sync options). jper, 28 Jul 2018, 22:48
Directories + sync variant are already logged. Anything specific you're missing?

GordonFFS

I went back to FreeFileSync_10.2_[Donation_Edition]_Setup.exe

After a few days of using 10.3 I noticed that my modified files did not appear at my Cloud Provider.
I soon found out that my own scripts work fine with 10.2 but not with 10.3. Due to the change "Deprecated batch-level log files and LastSyncs.log".

I understand the need for a timestampedlog, but I rely heavily on the "old&fixedlocated LastSyncs.log".
For example; I inspect LastSyncs.log in order to:
1) "Encrypt my files to my NAS (afterward the Synology NAS package Cloud Sync tranfers the encrypted files to my Cloud Provider)".
2) Some files go to other locations, such as my smartphone.

Perhaps it's "doable" to inspect the "C:\Users\Gordon\AppData\Roaming\FreeFileSync\Logs"-folder for the new logfile (every time after a FFS-run!), but for now (little time) I choose 10.2 because I know for sure its name&location and I don't have to search for the logfile.

Plerry

@GordonFFS: Look here.

GordonFFS

Thanks Plerry.
I'll copy my text to the other thread.