Renamed folder sync without copying files again?

Get help for specific problems

FFSUserAccount

Hi, Im trying to figure out how to get FFS to remember what folders were renamed so that when I connect a backup drivepool I can sync without it having to delete the old folder name and copy over all of the renamed folder again.

Ive searched around trying to figure out if this is possible, but I must be missing something.

I thought perhaps it would work by remembering what folder names were changes between syncs but that doesnt seem to work.

Following along on this help page: https://freefilesync.org/manual.php?topic=synchronization-settings

I have enabled that option for the one way mirror I am using for backup, but upon subsequent synchronizations where If Im reading that correctly, changes to file locations would be recognized arent, and FFS deletes the folder which no longer has a matching participant on the left side and copies over the now renamed original folder instead.

Both Pools are NTFS pools for reference.

Plerry

As described in the cited manual section, in order to detect moved files FFS needs to create and maintain database-files (sync.ffs_db) in both the left and right location.
The user under which credentials FFS connects respectively to your left- and right base location must have write access in both the source and the destination locations of your Mirror sync.
Perhaps FFS does not have write access in the source location and hence can not create the sync.ffs_db file(s) there.

FFSUserAccount

I have write access to both locations. They are both local.