Absence of MFMT on FTP server

Get help for specific problems

PetrFiedler

Hello,

I'm using my laptop for FreeFileSync synchronization. When I create a file, it says after starting synchronization that the change time can not be saved on the FTP server because the server does not support the MFMT command, but the file still synchronizes. When I change the file in my laptop, a conflict occurs when I synchronize, and it is not done, which is logical. Can you please do something about it?

Sorry, I do not speak English, so I'm translating with Google Translate.

Plerry

The (FTP) server reports it does not support MFMT.
This means (see e.g. here) that the FTP server does not support saving the file with a specific date/time setting (equal to the source file), but always uses the time of saving the file on the FTP server as the date/time setting.
When now running the next FFS sync, the files on the FTP server are considered to be "newer" than the source files.

This problem can not be solved in FFS; it is a limitation of the FTP server.
However, one way to address this problem is described in the Manual page on Comparison Settings under the heading "III. Compare by File size".

PetrFiedler

Thanks for the reply!
Comparing by size may be problematic so I will not set it this way. I'd rather take a look at another firmware for my TP-Link Archer C50 router. Perhaps OpenWRT or something similar will be included for the MFMT FTP server.