Backup folders to 2 different external HD

Get help for specific problems

LD500

Hello,

New to FreeFileSync. Need your help please, haven’t found any software to do this yet.

Want to backup a few folders on my internal D: drive to two different USB external hard drives.
These USB drives are NOT connected to my system at the same time. One usually kept offsite in bank safety deposit box for safety, the one used for backup is rotated occasionally.

Want to sync folders to one external drive every few days as a backup. From time to time will rotate that drive with the one in the safety deposit box. Obviously want each drive to sync all files when it is connected to system, so if any external drive were to fail I would have a relatively recent backup.

Hope that makes sense?
Will FreeFileSync work? Essentially needs to track two separate sync status somehow. Not just backup some files to drive #1 and others to drive #2. How does it track this?
Any special setup needed?

THANK YOU !!

LD500

Otherwise, I might need to use FreeFileSync with one USB drive and SyncToy with the other. Work?

Assume a 4TB source drive won’t cause old SyncToy any issues?

Thanks

Plerry

Simply create two separate, but apart from the destination location, identical FFS sync jobs and run the one matching the specific USB drive.

LD500

Thanks Pierry

Would I differentiate them by specifying different volume names as I believe Win 10 could assign the same drive letter? Not certain how Win10 assigns drive letters to USB drives. Thanks!
Site Admin

Zenju

The mention of drive letters triggers me linking here: https://freefilesync.org/manual.php?topic=variable-drive-letters