Questions about FreeFileSync

Discuss new features and functions

costa

I am looking for a file synchronization software and I have the following requirements:

- I need to transfer files via SFTP to and from a remote site.
- our application creates files in a specific folder and the sync software should transfer these files to a specific folder on the remove server. After a file is transferred it should be moved to a Sent folder or added to an archive.
- the sync software should connect periodically and retrieve files from the remote server and put them in a specific folder in our system. These files will be picked-up by a custom application, processed and moved to a different folder, let's call it Processed (or they will be archived, the bottom line is that they will be moved from this folder). Here is the part that I need to know. On the remote server, the files might live longer. The sync software must never transfer again files that were already transferred even though they are not anymore in the target folder in our system.
- the software must run as a windows service, in other words unattended.

Can your program be used to implement these requirements?

I still haven't decided whether I should write my own solution or I should use a third-party program. I prefer the second solution provided that it is not a big effort to implement it (I don't want to end up fighting the tool to do something it wasn't meant to do).

Thanks

Plerry

Your requirements are very specific and certainly not a standard/simple synchronization.
And although FreeFileSync (FFS) (in my view) is not (just) a standard/simple synchronization tool, is does not support (all of) your above requirements. FFS might be useful in performing part of the above functionality, but you would certainly need to add quite some custom coding/scripting.

costa

Thanks for the response. That's what I thought as well, but I just wanted to make sure...