changes since last synchronization

Discuss new features and functions

Scooba

Hey guys,
i got a feature request since i cant find such a feature in the program.

Following scenario, based on a mix of the update and mirror feature: I use FreeFileSync to make Bakups of some folders on an external drive. Inside the folders on the external drive i have many more files than in the corresponding folders on the internal drive, because i dont need all of them. But every time i make a comparison between the folders, those files on the external drive are shown up because they dont exist on the "left" side. It would be great to have the option to not show those files if they already had this "status" before the last synchronization.

Maybe a short example because im not sure if i could explaine it correctly:

Both folders are synced, so i have File1, File2, File3 on both sides. Now I delete File1 and File3 on the left side because i don't need them anymore and lets say i make some changes to File2. Now I compare the folders. Since File2 has changed, i want it to be copied to the right side. File1 has been deleted on the left side, but i want to keep it on the right side so i dont do anything with it, but i want File3 to be also deleted on the right side Now i make some changes to File2 and then compare the folders. Now both, the changes to File2 and the deletion of File1 are recognized. This is the point where i wish that the deletion of File1 would not be shown (or at least be shown in some other category) because at the last syncronization i already told the program not to delete it on the right side. So i wish a effect like the filter, but the filter itself is not the solution for this. On the one hand because of many many files on the right side which dont exist on the left. On the other hand because of the fact that i might copy file1 back to the left side and make some changes to it. In this case the program should again recognize the changes and copy it from the left to the right side and so on...

So all in all what i wish is a "changes since last synchronization" feature, so that the deletion of file1 on the left side is not shown if i decided to keep it on the right side at the last synchronization.

Best regards,
Scooba

PS: Or even more simplier: When i deselect a file (maybe still show it as deselected so dont make it dissapear from the list, maybe using a new view setting) save this choice somewhere in the session configuration and apply it the next time i open the session. But still it needs to be highlighted the next time this file has a new status since the last synchronization e.g. because it has been copied back to the left side and has been modified.

Scooba

I just recognized that setting the time span filter to "last x days" and then typing in the days since last synchronization (from the sessions view) should have the explained effect. Is it possible to add a "since last synchronization" option to the time span filter, so i dont have to type in the days manually? This way it would also work when i do more than one sync per day.

Best regards,
Scooba