Change the default log path

Get help for specific problems

bgregory02

FFS 7.8 Donation Edition - I'm trying to change the default log path by going to Tools>Options then clicking on the existing path that is underlined. When I do so what appears to be File Explorer pops up to allow me to select a new path BUT there is no way/no button to accept it. All I can do is click the X in the upper right corner and the window closes but the folder I selected is not shown as the new path. I would have submitted a picture but I have no idea how. How do I change this path?

petevickerstaff

I get the same thing but in Linux Mint, FFS vers 10.9

Radish

I'm using FFS 10.9 on Windows 7 SP1. You guys are looking the wrong place to change the log file path.

If you go Tools > Options all you will see listed there is the Default log path. As far as I am aware that can't be altered (though I might be wrong in that, hopeful someone will correct if I am). I think that the path link is just so that you can quickly get to the logs in the default path should you so wish. There is nothing in the FFS interface there that suggests that path is editable.

To change the log file path from the default you have to do it on a per-configuration basis. So click on one of your configuration listings and then keyboard F8. At the bottom left-hand side of the Synchronisation Settings you will see two options:

(1) A check-box to override using the default path.
(2) A box which you can adjust to where you want log files to go for that particular configuration.

These are the settings I use to have my log files sent to a ramdisk. Unless there was some error to be concerned about, I just let the logs vanish with the ramdisk on system shutdown.

P.S. There was a substantial fairly-recent thread detailing changes made to log file path here: Why the change in logs folder settings with 10.3?

For what is happening with FFS 7.8 I have no idea. That's a really old version, can't understand why you don't update.

petevickerstaff

Thanks for the reply Radish. Yes, I see what you're saying, that makes sense to me.

I knew about the per configuration setting, just assumed the Options thing was to change it globally.

bgregory02

Thanks Radish. I do see that now although it would be nice to also be able to change it there. I am actually using the "per configuration" setting now but it seems counter productive to have to change it on every sync when it's the same. I wonder why Zenju never replied to this? I gave up checking this post since it took over a month for anyone to reply.

AlainCh2

If you go Tools > Options
- your configuration listings and then keyboard F8.
At the bottom left-hand side of the Synchronisation Settings you will see two options:
......... Radish, 10 Mar 2019, 16:09
A great thanks... solved (partially) where schedTask Bkp log should go (each in is own bkp dir)

Two things left:
1) How to show the log when the task finish.... per task based...
using FF Log viewer not Notepad!!
( but no idea of what command to insert at the bottom in "F8 windows" to get FF viewer - I've put the "path.log" - Notepad open it...)

2) How to make a different sound for each task. (I'm interested in a "Fail" sound)

(I'm speaking about batch tasks, triggered by W10 TaskScheduler)

Alain