LAN Sharing

Discuss new features and functions

nikollathei

Hi there!

I work with an educational group that has some specific file sharing needs for a Report Writing Test they give their students.

In our setup, we have 30 laptops (wifi cards removed), each with 4 users and 1 admin account, all hard lined via catV to a network switch, and then to one main laptop which uses GoodSync to automatically sync any updated files in the other 30 PCs while they are still actively in use during the test. Each user is considered a 'source' with the one main laptop being the 'target'. After the test, I simply copy all of the updated files on the main PC onto a USB and hand it off to the client for their review. I am looking to do the same thing with a different group that doesn't have a GoodSync license.

Am I able to do this seamlessly across all laptops with FFS? How would I set up FFS for this?

Diver

If you are able to map the drives, then just add each laptop as a folder pair to your destination folder. Set these folder pairs to update the shared folder on the master laptop. Save it as new job.
Refer to this for any other questions: https://freefilesync.org/manual.php

Plerry

Simply let each of the 30 client PC's (only) run bi-directional sync's to the main laptop.
The "source" client (whichever client that is) syncs to the main laptop, the other clients then sync from the main laptop.
You can still make your client copies from the main laptop.

nikollathei

Thanks Plerry!!!!

Exactly what I was looking for :)