Running the Donation Edition Offline

Get help for specific problems

josephzitt

My Internet connection was flaky today, but since I just sync things between internal and external drives on a single machine, I decided to do my usual syncs anyway. When I tried, a popup appeared asking for my donation key, either by going online (which wasn't possible) or by pasting it in to a text field. My key file, however, had what appeared to be non-text characters in it, and opening it in an editor then copying and pasting the contents into the popup dialog failed.

So how do we run the donation edition when offline? If it's not possible, that should be fixed.
Site Admin

Zenju

This online activation is only ever needed once (per version update), unless you copied it (portable version?) to a different drive.

josephzitt

Hmm. So could there be a way to do it offline from the key file, at least to confirm that the file is valid? I can see problems with that, but I wonder if there are ways around them that i might not have thought of (not being all that up to date on current software security).
Site Admin

Zenju

The general idea is to activate it once (which is done automatically upon the first start) and never have to do it again. If no internet access is available for this first run, a key string can be used as an alternative, but it has to be required from a different PC that has internet. In any case, the procedure should be straight-forward: 99% of times everything is done automatically, and when internet is not available, following the instructions in the popup message should do the job.