Can I keep delete files in Source and Target folder respective?

Discuss new features and functions

testsoft

My case is using FFS to synchronise data between 2 PCs. I want to keep the deleted files in the PCs respective.
PC1Dir
|--Dir1
| |--file1
| |--file2
| |--Dir2
| |--file3
|
|--Dir3
| |--file3
|
|--oldVer <---- (exclude in [Filter] option)
|--[YYYY-MM-DD hhmmss]
| |--Dir1
| |--file1
|
|--[YYYY-MM-DD hhmmss]
|--Dir1
|--Dir2
|--file3

PC2Dir
|--Dir1
| |--file1
| |--file2
| |--Dir2
| |--file3
|
|--Dir3
| |--file3
|
|--oldVer <---- (exclude in [Filter] option)
|--[YYYY-MM-DD hhmmss]
| |--Dir1
| |--file2
|
|--[YYYY-MM-DD hhmmss]
|--Dir1
|--Dir2
|--file4

However, the option inside [Delete files -- Versioning] is keep all deleted files to one side only.
Any [Macros] can be use in the option [Delete files -- Versioning -- Move files to a user-defined folder] for this case?
If not, will FFS add this [Macros]?
eg. [RespetiveFolder] represent the LeftSideFolder or RightSideFolder due to the items delete/move in the respective side.
I am looking for your help. Thank you very much!
Attachments
p1.jpg
p1.jpg (50.55 KiB) Viewed 631 times

Plerry

… However, the option inside [Delete files -- Versioning] is keep all deleted files to one side only. ...testsoft, 04 Apr 2019, 00:03
FreeFileSync (FFS) does Versioning in a single (root) location.
This single Versioning location may be your left- or right-"side", but can also be yet another location.
The (single) Versioning location may, and preferably does, differ per FFS sync.
As the left and right locations are supposed to be in sync at the end of an FFS sync,
having a single Versioning location for a FFS sync also makes perfect sense.
Any files pre-existing in both your sync locations that are replaced by newer versions or have been
deleted from your "source" location will be moved to the Versioning location.
This is the only available solution for a Two-way sync.

If you presently run a Mirror sync, you may consider running an Update sync instead.
This will retain files pre-existing in the destination location that have been deleted from the source location (but does so in the destination location, not in the Versioning location.
But, then you would not be deleting files at both sides ...

testsoft

Thanks for your reply.
In this case, data may be modify at both PCs. Two-way sync mode will be use. To prevent the unwanted change, the old version will be keep in respective side with period, and need to know it come from which PC.
The single location for deleted/modified files will increase the network traffic in this case. And, don't know the old files from which PC.
I hope FreefileSync will add the option to hold the deleted/modified files separately.