Activation and Update Check problems

Get help for specific problems

dbengali

I have purchased free file sync donation edition, and I am having an issue -

When I start the program, it says unable to activate, giving the error Invalid HTTP response: ""

I am able to activate offline by copying and pasting the provided URL and then entering the code, but often after a while, this issue comes up again, and I have to repeat the procedure.

When the program opens, it says Cannot find FreeFileSync version number online. A newer version is likely available. Check manually now? Invalid HTTP response: ""

In the menu bar I see ? FreeFileSync Unknown is available! ? as the last entry

I have been having this problem with FFS 10.10 on Mac OS 10.14.4, so I purchased the donation edition of FFS 10.11, but the problems remain.

Also in the title bar, the app does not say Donation Edition, but in the about window it does.

I am not running any third-party firewall software or internet filtering software, and I have encountered this issue while in multiple locations, connecting to the internet via multiple networks.
Site Admin

Zenju

There must be some software component blocking access like:
viewtopic.php?t=5666
If there were an ordinary web access problem, the error message would be different.

dbengali

thanks, I haven't changed any software, but it is now working. I am currently on a different network than the last time I ran FFS and encountered the issue however. Could I ask what address needs to be reachable in case it is something that is being blocked in some cases but not others?
Site Admin

Zenju

The activation also directly connects with freefilesync.org