Sync Date and Time of source to destination only

Discuss new features and functions

vkl

It would be nice to have the feature to synchronise only the date and time stamp of the source to the destination. This was available in a very old program called FileSync 2.18. There are various scenarios when copying the files and folders that the timestamps are changed to the current date and time of copying e.g., when copying my backup drive to a Seagate Personal Cloud via the USB 3.0 port. It's much faster to do it this way than through the network but the date and time of the files and folders are changed to the time of the copy. This is where the option to sync the date and timestamps only would be a very helpful feature to correct this problem. FileSync 2.18 is not compatible with Windows 10.

james78

Yep, i have been longing for this feature to be added for a long time. Windows can do it easily via robocopy command, but it is a tedious cmd way of doing it...

vkl

I've since moved on to GoodSync which does that and a lot more of what I want. Very powerful in comparison. However, the features are not so obvious and its not freeware but well worth it IMO.

xCSxXenon

File date/timestamps should be preserved under the right conditions. Folder date/timestamps can't though, due to the way Windows creates directories.

IsaacEthan

I've since moved on to GoodSync which does that and a lot more of what I want. Very powerful in comparison. However, the features are not so obvious and its not freeware but well worth it IMO. vkl, 14 Sep 2019, 06:30
as per my experince with GoodSync,yes it can handle this issue but also there is the best which I used too ,called Gs Richcopy 360 ,it has a high performance with such a case