FEATURE REQUEST: Multiple configs in batch

Discuss new features and functions

papavector

I synchronize numerous directories, which I have currently built into a single batch configuration. However, there are now over 200,000 files on network shares and it can take quite a while to synchronize the whole thing.

For that reason, I have created individual GUI configurations for subsets of the batch so I can run them independently. I've read the online manual and I see that I can invoke FFS from the command line with multiple configurations in a single go, BUT it runs in GUI mode. I'd like to be able to do that in batch mode.

THE BIG PROBLEM is that if I change the settings for a folder pair in the batch config, it does not change the settings for the corresponding folder pair in the GUI config (and vice-versa).

So... I can see several ways to fix my problem, and I'd be happy with any one of them:

a) Allow selection of a single folder pair to be synchronized out of a larger set of folder pairs in a configuration.
- The manual suggests this might already be possible, but I can't see how to do it - at least on MacOS

b) Allow a batch config definition that is actually comprised of multiple other batch or GUI configs by reference.

c) Allow command line invocation of multiple configs in batch mode.

Thank you for your consideration!
Site Admin

Zenju

Just start multiple FFS batch jobs via command line instead of just one?

juliandarley

i have exactly the same issue as papavector. it would be much more elegant to have a batch file of batch files or one batch file that could trigger multiple watches on many different folder pairs. with this one could make something that would make dropbox etc largely redundant, at least within one's LAN (which in our case is most of what we ever need to sync).