HELP - My D Drive File Gone

Get help for specific problems

stavell

Please help,
i try to make synchronizing my D drive with Ext Drive,
So i just click Synchronizing,

But at tommorow morning from 12 folder i have it only remain 3 folder, the others is missing,
Then i try to get back the data with RECUVA but the data can not be open it Broken data.

Can this be undo so my file recover again?

-Ricky-

Radish

Stavell,

You're not being very clear at all on what setup you have that is causing the issue. To my mind, from what little information you have provided, it just sounds like you have a really flaky drive -- time to replace I would think. For what little help it can be the following is the case:

(1) FreeFileSync (FFS) has no way to undo a synchronisation. However, the problems you are speaking of have nothing at all to do with FFS.

(2) Recuva is a heap of trash. I've tried it for experimenting purposes and it never manages to recover deleted files with anything like a success rate that would give me confidence in it.

(3) There are two really good softwares to use to try and recover lost files -- both are freeware. The first one is Test Disk "Test Disk" is also frequently referred to as "TestDisk". That said it is a bit difficult to use and definitely don't attempt to do anything with it until you are sure you understand it. However, you would find guides to usage in written format and videos of its use on YouTube. Try the following Google search to help you get started: Google - TestDisk

The second program is from the same person that developed Test Disk. That program is called PhotoRec. PhotoRec is significantly easier to use than TestDisk and you would probably be best to try that first and see if you can get your files back by that route.

In any case, whatever you try to do definitely do not do any of the following:

(1) Do not write to the partition which contains the files you want to recover. If you do write to that partition then you run the risk of making the files unrecoverable, if they can be recovered at all. Note that Windows background disk management might be writing to the partition without you being aware of it, which might cause problems. So best of all is, if at all possible, not to use that disk the partition is on until such times as you want to attempt recovery of the lost files.

(2) If Test Disk or PhotoRec shows up files that can be recovered do not attempt to restore them to the same partition that the (deleted) files exist on. Restore them to a completely separate partition or disk.

I would also comment that FFS is a very good and very powerful program so when you first try to use it spend some time experimenting with it with test files and test syncs. Just hitting the Sync button when you don't know what you are doing (in the beginning) is inviting problems. Go slowly, read the manual and other guides, then test first using test folders and files, and once you have some confidence in the basics only then try to use it on real synchronisation runs. All that said, I would be pretty confident that FFS did not cause the problems you are now facing. The cause lies somewhere else.

Good luck.