Last sync result symbol not updated on "no differences" sync

Discuss new features and functions

ffsuser

FreeFileSync x64 10.11 for Linux

In the configuration window, if a certain profile shows a white x in a red octagon to indicate that the last sync for that profile resulted in an error, this symbol will not change to a green tick if a subsequent sync results in no error but no differences between target and destination.

To summarise, a sync that finds no differences between the target and destination should be treated as a successful sync. Currently, it updates "Last sync" correctly, but not the symbol showing the result of the last sync.
Site Admin

Zenju

You mean, it doesn't change after comparison right? It should change to green, once you press "synchronize".

ffsuser

Ah, I think that ties in with an earlier thread of mine (viewtopic.php?t=4991). If you run "Compare" and there are no differences, why would you need to run "Synchronize"? There is nothing to synchronize and therefore I didn't even think of pressing that button after "Compare".

The thing is that the "Last sync" date value is updated in this case without having to click on "Synchronize". Thus, there is an inconsistency between how the the "Last sync" and the symbol fields act when a "Compare" results in no difference between the source and the target. The current "Last sync" behaviour is, in my mind, preferable.

I've just noticed that I reported this in April too (viewtopic.php?t=6232). My sincere apologies.
Site Admin

Zenju

The status is linked to the log file, and with a comparison only there is no new log. In some way, the convenience of updating the "Last sync" time after a comparison doesn't really fit in to the model.