Force sync of unmodified files

Discuss new features and functions

tlucas

Hi,

I use FreeFileSync as my main backup solution for copying files to an external USB drive. (This tool is absolutely amazing and has saved my life on several occasions)

One of my disks however started having bad sectors which affected one of my VeraCrypt containers and prevented it from opening. So I went ahead and recovered it from a recent backup, but soon noticed the files within the container were from 5 months ago when I first created it. :-(

Is it possible, or would it be possible to add a feature, that allows either a folder or specific files to always be synced even if they have not changed?

If it is possible any help would be appreciated. I know its possible to switch on update timestamps in VeraCrypt, but in this case I would rather not.

Many thanks in advance :-)

tlucas

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any tips, how I could solve this please.
Site Admin

Zenju

Hm, logically it seems to make sense to just switch on "update timestamps in VeraCrypt". If the file content changes, so should the modification time, that's the usual contract.

tlucas

Hi Zenju,

Thank you for your reply. The default setting in VeraCrypt is set to "Preserve modification timestamp of file containers", so I was thinking because this is a security feature, I would like to keep this behaviour. I can however disable it as you sugested, so that the file is updated when dismounting.