Req. Delete empty folder when source folder is FTP

Discuss new features and functions
christmw2503
Posts: 3
Joined: 1 Jun 2018

Post by christmw2503 • 26 Jun 2019, 13:10

When I mirror my Android phone to a folder on my PC, Freefilesync can't delete empty folders on the destination.

User avatar
Plerry
Posts: 707
Joined: 22 Aug 2012

Post by Plerry • 27 Jun 2019, 07:31

FFS never deletes folders in a sync, only files (if applicable).
And what does this have to do with localization?

User avatar
Zenju
Site Admin
Posts: 5042
Joined: 9 Dec 2007

Post by Zenju • 27 Jun 2019, 08:22

FFS will delete folders if they exist only on one side, and the sync direction is set accordingly.

simo
Posts: 3
Joined: 4 Sep 2019

Post by simo • 04 Sep 2019, 19:41

Zenju wrote:
27 Jun 2019, 08:22
FFS will delete folders if they exist only on one side, and the sync direction is set accordingly.
What is the correct way to obtain this behavior?
I'm noticing a lot of empty folders that exist even though I've deleted them on the "source" side.

User avatar
Zenju
Site Admin
Posts: 5042
Joined: 9 Dec 2007

Post by Zenju • 05 Sep 2019, 08:29

simo wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 19:41
Zenju wrote:
27 Jun 2019, 08:22
FFS will delete folders if they exist only on one side, and the sync direction is set accordingly.
What is the correct way to obtain this behavior?
I'm noticing a lot of empty folders that exist even though I've deleted them on the "source" side.
Most likely you have excluded them from sync via filters. (e.g. either by path exclusion or you have a file size/date filter set, which only matches files and excludes all folders)

simo
Posts: 3
Joined: 4 Sep 2019

Post by simo • 07 Sep 2019, 13:23

They are not excluded with filters, I have not set a minimum size limit, I have not set a date filter.
I am using the default "mirror ->" config.

Empty folders are left behind when folders are deleted on the source side.

User avatar
Zenju
Site Admin
Posts: 5042
Joined: 9 Dec 2007

Post by Zenju • 07 Sep 2019, 13:53

simo wrote:
07 Sep 2019, 13:23
They are not excluded with filters, I have not set a minimum size limit, I have not set a date filter.
I am using the default "mirror ->" config.

Empty folders are left behind when folders are deleted on the source side.
You can check the main dialog to get a preview of what will happen to files and folders before starting sync.

simo
Posts: 3
Joined: 4 Sep 2019

Post by simo • 07 Sep 2019, 14:05

Zenju wrote:
07 Sep 2019, 13:53
simo wrote:
07 Sep 2019, 13:23
They are not excluded with filters, I have not set a minimum size limit, I have not set a date filter.
I am using the default "mirror ->" config.

Empty folders are left behind when folders are deleted on the source side.
You can check the main dialog to get a preview of what will happen to files and folders before starting sync.
The maximum size filter is making this behavior happen. It's a bug IMHO.

markusoft
Posts: 56
Joined: 22 Apr 2018

Post by markusoft • 13 Sep 2019, 05:13

RED remove empty in google
I just run it once a month
you can even set files to INCLUDE to be wiped (ie desktop.ini,pp*.ini*,folder*.jpg,album*.jpg,folder*.png)

markusoft
Posts: 56
Joined: 22 Apr 2018

Post by markusoft • 13 Sep 2019, 05:15

still not liking ALL directories are MADE before files synced
LOGIC issue here..

if cancelled an come back, one thinks all the files are there when actually there are NO FILES in directories

xCSxXenon
Posts: 84
Joined: 11 Jun 2019

Post by xCSxXenon • Yesterday, 19:39

The sync order of operations seems to be ordered the same as the preview window, in my experience. I usually only see the current folder get created, then the files in that folder, and then the next.