New folder

Discuss new features and functions
Saulo_GPU

Post by Saulo_GPU • 12 Aug 2019, 06:28

Hi guys.

When I have a new folder on the left to Sync I have that create a New Folder with a same name manualy using the explorer and then I select to sync.
Is there a function to create a automaticly new folder when doesn't exist the folder on the right?

Thanks!

Plerry

Post by Plerry • 12 Aug 2019, 06:43

Except for the left and right base folder location, FFS will automatically generate any subfolders, as far as necessary and as far as not yet existing.
For a missing base folder location: if the right base folder (I only tried it for a right folder) does not exist, FFS will flag you that that (base) folder does not (yet) exist and will suggest to create it for you when executing the sync.

Saulo_GPU

Post by Saulo_GPU • 12 Aug 2019, 14:36

Yeah.
When the new folder on the right the FFS ask to create that new folder, but on the left not.
You can write the name of the new folder manualy on the right in FFS and then, the program will ask to create a new folder.
I thint that It could make that automaticly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Plerry

Post by Plerry • 13 Aug 2019, 08:35

Saulo_GPU wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 14:36
When the new folder on the right the FFS ask to create that new folder, but on the left not. ...
It seems logical that, although you may want to sync an existing base folder to a not (yet) existing base folder,
it does not make sense to sync between two not yet existing base folders, as both would be empty, and with nothing to sync.
Saulo_GPU wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 14:36
… You can write the name of the new folder manualy on the right in FFS and then, the program will ask to create a new folder. I thint that It could make that automaticly.
If the base folder does not exist yet, how is FFS supposed to guess the name of that new base folder?