How to check in multiple subdirectories

Get help for specific problems

misscherylb

Hello! Apologies if I've missed this information somewhere... I have been looking but unable to find out how this works. I would appreciate any tip! This is what I'm trying to do:

I have files (photos) on an SD card from my camera, where all files are in one single folder (thousands).

Then I have copies of these files on my PC, but here they have been sorted in to various folders and subdirectories (lots, too many to go through manually).

Now before I delete the files off the SD card and reformat it, I want to make sure that all the files have been copied to the PC. I've tried to run the sync, also with *\ and *\*\*\*\* and */*/*/ and variations ... in the filters, but it always tells me that all files are missing on the PC side (presumably it's only checking in the top level folder, or it's not finding files with the exact same pathway?).

How can I get the app to check a file on the SD card against files in any folder on the PC side? I.e., disregard the location/pathway and basically just see if a file with the same name exists anywhere at all in the specified folder including subdirectories?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

languageservicesco

I'm no expert, but, as you haven't had a reply, I will give you my idea. First of all, I am not sure what you want to do is possible in the way you describe. As this is a one-off situation, I would use a workaround. I would do a search on the PC in the top-level directory for *.* so you get all the files in the folders. I would then copy them to a new folder and use that for the comparison. It would then be a manual process to see what comes up in the FFS scan results and manually copy them from the card to the PC. Hopefully it isn't too many. Another way would be to get some software that finds duplicates, let it delete the duplicates on the SD card and then you are left with the ones that aren't duplicated.

misscherylb

Hey, thanks for your reply! Great idea! At least I could get an overview over how many are missing - maybe I'm lucky and it's not too many so I could pick them out manually. Thanks for posting the idea!

xCSxXenon

That is correct. You can't compare the one folder with the contents of many. You would have to move all the files on the destination to a single folder.

misscherylb

Thank you!