Add enable/disable checkbox in front of each line

Discuss new features and functions

jmp76

Hi,

I use this precious software every weeks/months to archive my datas. However the amount of data is huge, and i do not need to archive all my datas. Some projets have not moved since two or 3 weeks and i dont need to waste time to verify that.

It will be very simple to put on each line a check box to authorize/disable archive of the line. When I archive my photos i dont need each time to check every years. But just the last (2019 for ex). I just do archive all photos once a year (2000, 2001, 2002,...,2019) but every months 2019.

I really use this soft to archive, upload web sites, releases, ... and this new feature would simplify my life (and prevent mistakes)

Long life to FFS!

xCSxXenon

You can set it to include only the current year's directory

jmp76

Hi,

I have seen the evolution of FFS which now enable/disable each lines of records. This is a good idea and thanks for evolution. But this is not exactly what i wanted. Sorry to be not clear.

Have a look to the blue part of the following picture (left part of FFS, ie Source part)
FFS_03.jpg
FFS_03.jpg (63.75 KiB) Viewed 597 times
The wanted enable/disable feature is for each (root) directory. In my example, some lines archive to
1- hard drives (internal or external), or
2- NAS, or
3- web (via FTP)
And some days, i don't need all. (all=every 2 months, some=every weeks, one=every days)

I use FFS manualy to detect crypto-viruses. Checking files visually, is a good method to detect them. (I remember my last activity) It is safe with external drives. (not normaly on line)

Thanks for your job. Regards

xCSxXenon

You said, "It will be very simple to put on each line a check box to authorize/disable archive of the line." and that is exactly what was implemented

jmp76

Hi,

Not exactly. What is needed is to enable/disable directories. (not data files) We work by projects, subjects, years, ... When projects are synced thru the web, it requires hours to sync every things. As we know that some projects do not move during the week, why spent such time for this unmodified parts (optimized if we can disable some directories of the sync action).

Regards

xCSxXenon

Set up more pairs, but that could be space consuming. I would set filters accordingly, or have projects separated by status: in progress, finished, archived, etc