MacOS Catalina 10.15

Discuss new features and functions

DPatrickRyan

Is Free File Sync compatible with Catalina? I haven't yet made the move from Mojave, and am working my way through my identified "legacy software" before doing so. FFS is one such piece of software identified in that list as 32-bit, but I don't see a 64-bit MacOS version available for download. (Is the installer 32/64-bit? Did it default to a 32-bit version during my last install?) Bottom line, will FFS work after I update my MacOS?
Site Admin

Zenju

FFS works fine on (and is in fact even compiled on) Catalina. It has always been 64-bit on macOS.

DPatrickRyan

Thank you. Odd that it shows in the legacy list as 32-bit...?
Site Admin

Zenju

Where is this "legacy list"?

DPatrickRyan

Hmmm... That's interesting. It's a list that's automatically generated by Mojave under:
About This Mac -> System Report -> Software -> Legacy Software
Legacy.png
Legacy.png (194.78 KiB) Viewed 560 times
I assumed it was a live list, and that it got actively updated as changes were made to the system. However, I just noticed when I pasted that screen capture image that the last access (for "FileSync", NOT "FreeFileSync") was early this year. After a little digging, I see that the legacy list is updated only when software is opened, so updated/replaced/removed software does NOT fall off the list. The current version of FreeFileSync doesn't appear in that list, so all appears well. Sorry for the confusion!