[Feature request] Sort by action or category

Discuss new features and functions

lucato

Hi folks, here goes my 2nd feature request that in my opinion would help the user and be very useful:
Objective - Sort by action or category
How to achieve for action - From the window "Synchronization preview" where it shows on left categories and on right action, the user would click on the header and for each X clicks it would take perform the sort (each click a type of sort) or right click over it to open contextual menu with the options list to select the sort action such as:
- Priority sort by copy new items;
- Priority sort by update items;
- Priority sort by unresolved items;
- Priority sort by delete items;
- Priority sort by do nothing.

How to achieve for categories - The same as for actions, the user would click on the categories header and for each X clicks it would take perform the sort (each click a type of sort) or right click over it to open contextual menu with the options list to select the sort categories such as:
- Priority sort by Item exists on left side only;
- Priority sort by Item exists on right side only;
- Priority sort by left side is newer;
- Priority sort by Right side is newer;
- Priority sort by conflict items.

Thanks and have a great day.
Cheers from Brazil.

xCSxXenon

You can toggle which categories are shown below. Actions depend explicitly on the categories, so there is no reason to have options for both.

lucato

You can toggle which categories are shown below. Actions depend explicitly on the categories, so there is no reason to have options for both. xCSxXenon, 07 Nov 2019, 19:56
I'm sorry, but maybe I didn't understand your point or you didn't understand my suggestion. It isn't related with which categories to show, but a way to sort view as the suggestion.

lucato

You can toggle which categories are shown below. Actions depend explicitly on the categories, so there is no reason to have options for both. xCSxXenon, 07 Nov 2019, 19:56
Now I got it, my fault, I saw after comparing the "Select view" on the bottom bar (View settings windows). It is cool also you get to move it up if you want to. Thanks.
Site Admin

Zenju

I've revised the view filter design a little bit in FFS 10.18, and added back the ability to sort the categories in the middle grid (which was possible at one time in older FFS versions):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/submpphwy4h53xf/FreeFileSync_10.18_%5BBeta%5D_Windows_Setup.exe

lucato

Thanks for the Update Zenju and all improvements. Have a stunning day.