[Suggestion] Replace SAVE AS icon...

Discuss new features and functions

lucato

Hi developers, not a big deal, but you guys would replace the actual SAVE AS icon which is the image of a "Sync icon" or FFS "logo" and would confuse users as a button to synchronize. So, I'd suggest to replace it with an icon image as an diskette with a question mark over it.

Cheers.

bgstack15

It should be possible to replace the icons in your own installation. The Icons.zip file stores the icons by name. You can make a custom icon and replace the relevant named icon in Icons.zip.

lucato

It should be possible to replace the icons in your own installation. The Icons.zip file stores the icons by name. You can make a custom icon and replace the relevant named icon in Icons.zip. bgstack15, 01 Nov 2019, 13:48
- Thanks for the tip bgstack15, but your tip/workaround doesn't solve and will cause a mess instead. The icon in question is called file_sync.png and it is also used in another places that have the correct meaning for the sync symbol. So by changing it for a diskette icon, won't make sense on the another buttons that really need to be sync symbol. IMHO, I'm not software engineer, but the software FFS should have a file/variable for the save-as button/icon as file_save_as.png, so it would have its own icon.
Attached follows a suggestion to add as an icon for Save as (renamed to jpg to get to be uploaded). Feel free to use.
Attachments
file_save-green.jpg
file_save-green.jpg (2.71 KiB) Viewed 801 times
file_save_as.jpg
file_save_as.jpg (2.83 KiB) Viewed 802 times

xCSxXenon

Well the icons corresponds to the file type you are saving to, and three diskette icons would be way more confusing in my opinion.

lucato

Actually it should be 2 diskettes, the actual black for "Save" and the diskette suggestion with question mark (green or red) for "Save as...". For 'batch job' keeps the actual "->>_" icon or if it was 3 diskettes, the 3rd one for batch would be a different image of the diskette instead of the question mark over it, a ">__" over the diskette. Well, just a comment. ;0)
Site Admin

Zenju

This should make things more clear: (hopefully)
save-as.PNG
save-as.PNG (8.03 KiB) Viewed 731 times

lucato

This should make things more clear: (hopefully)
save-as.PNG Zenju, 12 Nov 2019, 21:30
Great, much better. Just don't forget in the new update as I mentioned to bgstack15 that the icon in question the file is called file_sync.png and it is also used in another places that have the correct meaning for the previous sync symbol/icon. So it needs to have its own file name/variable. ;0)
Have a great day.

xCSxXenon

Now that I like!